Saturday, February 17, 2018

It's all in the Numbers


Numbers seem to be playing an important role for me during these first six weeks of the new year.

 "One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do" - Three Dog Night

Loneliness paid an unexpected return visit. The deep missing of Vern. A concern about spending the next 30 years alone. Some feelings that surprised me.

I had become pretty happy with my alone life. Not the same happy as I would be if Vern were still by my side. But happy nonetheless.  I've added a lot of good things into my life, new friends, new experiences, new challenges that made me feel comfortable with where I was at.  And then - BAM! - none of that mattered any more and all I could see was me. alone. No one for me to care about. No one who cared about me. Forever. 

And that sent me for a loop as I dealt with the ups and downs of thinking my way through that whole 'do I want to date' thing. I'm still waffling on that and don't know that it will ever happen or whether it even should happen. But I've worked through the loneliness and I'm back to feeling good about my life right now. And as far as the dating thing ... well, I'm just going to sit with it at this point and listen for those whispers that will show me the way.


 "Three simple rules in life: If you do not go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you do not ask, the answer will always be no. If you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place."  - Anonymous

- We were a family of three.
- Vern, Jer and I were each 33 years old when our fathers died.
- I often wake up at 3:33am.

There's that number 3.  I've written about it previously and feel those meanings really do make sense for me. 
  • I am seeking what I need to know at this time in my life.
  • I am feeling spiritual growth.
  • I feel protected and loved by the Divine.
  • I am working on living my life's mission.
Additional search on the number 333 said it was a reminder to welcome the abundance of love into my life - not just romantic love.  And I've sure felt that this week.  I've had new friends comment that they felt God put me on their path for a reason. Random strangers have made lovely comments to me. And when the gals who attended my SoulBook gathering on Saturday told me they'd come to my future events even if I move them over to my side of town ... well, that felt like love to me, too.

More on the number 333:
  • is a strong signal to add more spontaneity to your life and to get out of your comfort zone
  • body, mind and spirit must be balanced to reach your full potential
  • carries the energy of joy and inspiration
  • your prayers have been answered

9   "It's my life. It's now or never." - Bon Jovi

Well ... this particular number is more about you than me.  But it all came about because of the number 1.  Me.  Going to that hockey game Thursday night all by myself.

That may sound like a really easy thing to do for some of you, but it was very hard for me. I may act like an extrovert but I am not. And when you add in all of my personal insecurities, whoa ... doing that was HARD stuff. But oh what a reward I received!

I met Tommy, a wonderful young man who is working hard to promote his venue and he sure made my first visit to Hyde Lounge a memorable one. And then I got an even bigger reward. He offered a couple of invite only SRO (standing room only) seats in the Hyde Lounge for the Bon Jovi concert. What?! Wow!  So I jumped on that offer and posted something on my Facebook page about it. After seeing the responses, he then upped the offer to 5 pair of SRO tickets!!!  That deserves an OMG! 

And that's where the number 9 comes in.  Because I now have nine (9) tickets to give away to friends. I'll be doing the drawing on Sunday, February 18, at 3pm Pacific time.  You just need to post on my Facebook page (the post that has the Bon Jovi tour poster) that you're available to be here in Vegas on March 17 and your name will go into the drawing.  If you're not my Facebook friend and following me so you see all of my posts, I would suggest you might want to start. Because this may not be the only event I'll be able to get these SRO tickets to.   https://www.facebook.com/DianneWest.Nevada

No comments: