Saturday, January 20, 2018

What a difference a day makes ...

... well a few days actually. 

And today was a really fabulous day.

I finally feel like I'm back to being me, whatever that is. All of those unexpected feelings are no longer weighing me down. I feel good. I feel positive. I feel enough. Whew. Finally.  That God Box really works!   Help, Thanks, Wow

So what made my day fabulous?

Well it started at 3:33am.  That's the time that I so often wake up. I'll roll over and pick up my phone (yeah, I know it should not be right next to me) and I smile when I see 3:33.  It always feels like a little hello from my guy. 

Seconds later I received a text from a friend informing me they were having a rough night and wouldn't be at our widow group meet today. They were surprised when I responded moments later. So we texted for about an hour and I think it helped them to be able to get a little sleep and actually attend our group meet after all. Some divine guidance that I was awake to respond, I think.

There were last-minute cancellations and several no-shows for our widow group gathering on this cloudy, chilly morning - but it was a really wonderful meet. These are such lovely people who have experienced the worse life can hand them, and it fills my heart that we've found each other and are able to help one another figure out this new life. We did receive quite a few stares, however, as our laughter grew loud and the other guests glanced at the sign I place on the table that declares us as the Desert Widows and Widowers. A little education for the masses perhaps about what widowed people actually look like and how they behave.


I was driving as the sun was setting tonight and it was just spectacular. I was so filled with the beauty of this sunset that instead of going to my destination I headed west to try to get to a spot where I could capture it in a photo.


Alas, the sun was setting faster than I could get far enough west, so I snapped a couple of photos from the car that really do not do it justice. The beauty just filled my soul.

And then there was music. Two songs touched my soul today. One I had seen several times before but somehow brings me to tears each time. It showed up on a friend's Facebook page today.

Heart's performance of  Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven'


And the other song I had never heard before. Some of the words caught my attention as I was driving:  there'll be bad days and some hard times ... you are the memory that won't ever lapse ...your loves the one love that I need to know ... my body will fail but my soul will go on ... so don't you get lonely I'm right where you are.  WOW

Goo Goo Dolls - 'Boxes'


So as I was writing this, I decided to use my pal Google to see if the numbers 333 mean anything:

  • There's something important you need to know at this time of your life
  • You are on a path of spiritual growth
  • You are surrounded, protected, loved, and guided by the divine
  • It is time to expand the natural gifts you were born with to create something very special and live your life's mission

Well, my goodness ... I think that deserves a great big WOW.

I'm not really sure what my intent was for this blog post. I just felt I needed to capture how each of these little things created such an amazing day. Just because I noticed them.  How often do we go about our days without noticing all of the special little moments that can fill our heart and soul? It would have been a real shame to have missed out on this truly fabulous day.

3 comments:

Kathie Scott said...

I’m so glad you are back! If we didn’t have curves we couldn’t appreciate the straight road. Have a great day Dianne.

A Myeloma Widow's Journey said...

Thanks so much, Kathie. I love your insight.

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a great meet up wherein we shared lots of laughter, stories and friendships. Sometimes, there were tears, too. I wouldn't have come this far without you and the rest of my widow and widower-friends. We've become a big family after all! Thanks, Dianne!