This blog was such an important part of my life after Vern died. Those first couple of years I posted a lot and it was really very helpful in working through my grief. And I must admit I do like having this 'diary' of sorts to look back at from time to time.
As I started doing more things and finding my way, my posts dwindled and then I met Jim.
I considered writing about my new life with Jim in here, but it didn't feel right. This blog was about Vern. So I created a new blog that I thought I would use. But I didn't. Jim got sick. Caregiving took over.
And now Jim is gone. His last six months were really hard. Lots of doctor and ER visits and a final hospital stay. They discharged him at 6pm Wednesday and on Friday at 6am I found he had passed while we slept.
It's been a hard nearly 10 months. Being the second wife brought a whole lot of issues I did not expect. But I did get a yearning to start writing again.
And then I received a call from Michele Neff Hernandez, CEO & Founder of Soaring Spirits International (the nonprofit organization where I volunteered for ten years) and she mentioned she had an opening on the Widow's Voice blog that she wanted me to think about whether I'd like to do that. I immediately said yes and two months after Jim's passing, I joined the Widow's Voice team.
So if any of my old followers are still out there, you can find me here:
Widow's Voice - I'm the Tuesday blogger
An Old Widow's Musings - for widow stuff and life stuff, along with sharing ideas for kindness, gratitude, compassion and whatever crosses my path
No comments:
Post a Comment