Sunday, June 14, 2015

A Lesson Learned


My little pity party yesterday has given me yet another life lesson.

When searching for the meaning of Pura Vida to include in yesterday’s blog, I also came across this one:

Pura vida! Means that no matter what your current situation is, life for someone else can always be less fortunate than your own. So you need to consider that maybe...just maybe, your situation isn't all that bad and that no matter how little or how much you have in life, we are all here together and life is short...so start living it "pura vida style".

I almost used it, but decided to go with the other, shorter, one.  It wasn't long after posting my blog that I received an urgent message from a Widowed Village friend that there was a new person in distress in the chat room. So I hopped on over there.

… and there was the lesson.

After things settled down, it was a real smack upside the head moment for me.  I can’t reveal the particulars, but less fortunate?  By miles.  And then I spent some time in Widville reading blogs and posts and got even more of those ‘smacks’. 

OK, Lord, I heard ya.   My “situation isn’t all that bad”.

And with His help I will be able to tackle each of the things that took me down this week.  A family issue,  my health, my age, the house, the mess, the feeling I’m being cast aside in a certain area of my life that I’ve devoted a lot of time to … yep, I’ve we’ve got this.

No comments: