- Had a very, very busy work week, so those 4 days just flew by. Still some tears here and there, but much improvement on that note.
- I'm continuing with my Tuesday night yoga and so enjoy my time there. The last two sessions were a bit more of a workout (this fat ol' body of mine has difficulty doing the inchworm without fear of smashing my face into the floor), but the instructor says my tree is excellent!
- Joined my online bereavement group pals Thursday evening and continue to get so much from those 90 minutes. Such very special people.
- A co-worker/caregiver/friend invited me to breakfast on Friday and it was a simply marvelous time. We talked non-stop for 2-1/2 hours about husbands, kids, friends, doctors, cancer, chemo, work, change ... and I do believe Vern spoke through her when I shared the big decision I've been battling. She looked me straight in the eyes and said that I need to think about what is best for me and not how everyone else might react and it was a real 'lightbulb' moment for me. That might sound rather simplistic, but it's something I struggle with so hearing her say it out loud helped me make my decision. Bless you, Linda.
- And today was my first hike in Red Rock Canyon with a great group of people. It was a lovely morning in a beautiful place and was a really good work-out for me. I had to stop a couple of times in the middle of a climb to catch my breath, but since I've not done any exercising for a long time I'm grateful I didn't keel over! I will be hiking again.
Saturday, February 5, 2011
Vern would be pleased
I didn't end up going out at all last weekend ... in spite of my vow to stop cocooning ... but this has turned into a really good week.