I'm off work now until January 2, so I didn't set an alarm for this morning. Climbed into bed around midnight and actually got nearly 8 hours sleep with only 2 wake-ups. That's unheard of for me. My norm is about 4 hours with 1 wake-up. But I awoke this morning feeling kind of melancholy. I have no food in the frig, the house is a mess, my Keurig stopped working, my laptop went bonkers. I actually hollered out loud when the laptop snafu happened. "Enough!!!!!" And then I noticed the date. Ah. OK. Now I get it. It's been 15 months since I lost Vern. 1 year and 3 months. 456 days. Today. Yeah, the 22nd snuck up on me.
So I just accepted today was going to be one of THOSE days. Tomorrow will be better.
And there ARE good things happening in my life ... I know that and I appreciate that.
- Jeremy graduated from the Nevada School of Massage Therapy and will be starting a Master Bodyworker program in January. He's finally found his passion.
- I love my new job and recognize how lucky I am to have this new, amazingly kind boss and a new set of co-workers I'm getting to know better.
- I'm writing positive posts in Widowed Village, hoping to help others who are struggling; and I volunteer there on weekends processing new members.
- I share posts on Facebook and Pinterest and play Words With Friends - and I joke and laugh.
- I enjoyed the Michael Jackson 'Immortal' Cirque show with a couple of friends last week.
- Someone at work has sent me anonymous gifts each day for the "Twelve Days of Christmas", a wonderfully kind thing to do that brought me joy.