Monday, July 30, 2018

Be the Light

Some of you may be tired of my angel card posts. I'm sorry. I love words and they really do offer me so much contemplation that I sometimes just have to post them. Or write about them.

That's what I felt when I pulled my Saturday cards. There seemed to be some really important messages in these particular cards.

But there wasn't time to take a photo or write anything because I needed to head out the door for an appointment across town. So I set them aside to take care of when I got home. I ended up knocking a few things off my to-do list while I was out, but it was a HOT 110 degrees - and my car felt even hotter each time I got back into it. I was a perspiring mess by the time I got home that afternoon and was really tempted to just walk straight out to the pool, strip off my clothes and jump in. 

There's a couple of issues with that, however. One ... I have never 'jumped' into a pool. Long story. And two ... well, since I don't want the neighbors to see me in my new 'bikini', I surely don't want them to suffer through my skinny dipping in broad daylight!  So instead I pulled off all of my sweaty clothes and put on one of Vern's t-shirts and stood for a bit under the AC vent. Ah, yes. Much better.

And then I got busy on the computer with my volunteer work ... and didn't think about them until I uncovered them around midnight Sunday night. Some days sure do fly by fast.


I've had my angel cards for several years (purchased them at Camp Widow), but there's now a little book that goes along with them (which I ordered on my trusty Amazon Prime). I've always pulled 3 cards and this little book shared a perspective about that I had never heard before:


The first card addresses the PAST. Take time to explore past interactions and events related to your intention.   

Well that one seems pretty easy to me. Those caregiving years proved to me just how strong I am, and surviving Vern's death took every ounce of strength I had. These years alone have been filled with many challenges that needed me to be strong and face the unknown. Maybe this was a reminder that I need to accept how strong I am. I CAN do hard things.

The second card addresses the PRESENT, reflecting the quality that can be most helpful in experiencing the truth of what is happening now. You may need to reevaluate your assumptions, judgments or predetermined decisions that have limited you in some way. 


This one initially made me smile. Check out what the angel is doing - LOL.  Is this quality related to my previous blog post? A reminder that I do have the freedom to choose what I will - and won't - do.  Or does it relate to my back and forth flip-flopping about dating and those feelings I keep trying to tuck away? Perhaps those old trappings I need to let go of are related to my self-esteem issues. I think I'll be doing some private journaling on this one. 

The third card addresses the FUTURE, inviting the quality that you ideally intend to manifest. 


Isn't that a perfect card for the future?  And I do believe it is a reminder that I need to remain open to whatever life has in store for me. Dating. Not dating. A new love. A life alone. I'm pretty positive, so that's easy. And I definitely believe in miracles. And who doesn't like surprises?!

The Happiness card also felt important. The book shared "When you are filled with love and compassion, not only do you bring happiness into your life, but you lead others by example. Be the light."   Don't you just 💙 that!




No comments: